PhD Student and other roles.

With regards to the PhD I am doing, it is part of my pursuit to impart my knowledge and experience to others and contribute to the body of human knowledge.

Monday 24 March 2014

Presentation at the Manchester Archaeological Science (ArchSci) Symposium

I presented the new direction my work had taken, i.e. researching attitudes to data sharing within the archaeological community with a view to integrating and sharing archaeological data, at the ArchSci Symposium that was held at the University, November 2013. My presentation was in effect a pitch made to archaeologists to participate in a Q-Sort, a card sorting exercise based on Q-Methodology.

Here's an example of one completed by a participant. The details are deliberately not clear so as to ensure that new participants approach it not knowing the specific statements on the cards, even though the placing of the cards will be based on a participants subjective opinion of their agreement, or otherwise, with the statements on the cards being placed. Hence advanced knowledge is unlikely to create any bias in the study, but I've decided to err on the side of caution.






No comments:

Post a Comment